Terms & Conditions
The Shop123 online shop can be accessed at www.weshop123.co.za, related mobile sites and applications (“the site”). The site enables buyers to shop for items including Alarm Systems, CCTV Equipment and accessories (“the products”) online and have them delivered to your address, nearest post office or via pick-up points within South Africa. Legally binding contract All users and account holders, including individuals that buy from the site (“buyers”) are bound by these terms and conditions (“T&Cs”). By using the site, you recognise that you’ve read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these T&Cs. With whom are you entering into a contract? The site is owned and run by Shop123, registration number [2023/914044/07], a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa. More information about Weshop123 is available on our website. Products and availability Please note that limited stock of all items offered for sale is available. If it happens that Shop123 is unable to fulfil any order at the advertised price because stock is sold out, Shop123 will inform you via email and you’ll be entitled to a reimbursement for the Rand value you have paid for such product.
2. BUYING PRODUCTS
- The site allows you, the user, to place electronic orders (“order”) for products on offer as long as such products are available.
- A purchasing contract (“sale”) between you and Shop123 comes into effect once you have completed and submitted the online order form for products in your shopping cart (“cart”) and your payment has been authorised by Shop123 (or has been received into WeShop123’s bank account).
- The above is dependent on stock of the product being available.
- Products on the site cannot be reserved to be bought at a later stage, and placing an item in your cart without completing the order does not amount to a “sale”.
- This means that WeShop123 may remove any product(s) from your cart before the sale actually takes place, in the event of the product going out of stock.
- WeShop123 cannot be held responsible if the product(s) you added to your cart have become unavailable when you try to complete the sale.
- A tax invoice will be emailed to the email address on your Shop123 profile. A delivery note will be included with your order – please note that no prices are visible on the delivery note.
3. CANCELLING AND ENDING ORDERS
- WeShop123 reserves the right to refuse processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely, with notice given to you.
- WeShop123 will be liable for reimbursing you the Rand value paid only if you have already paid for the cancelled order. You have the right to return non-defective products purchased within 30-days of the order being delivered.
- WeShop123 reserves the right, in the interest of preventing fraud, to refuse the processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely.
- WeShop123 may request documentation to complete the necessary fraud checks and cancel any order where the necessary documentation is not provided in a timely manner.
- In the event of a fraudulent purchase being placed on WeShop123, cardholders will be advised to initiate a charge back via their bank in order to be refunded. Shop123 does not process refunds for orders suspected of fraud.
- WeShop123 does not provide order details relating to orders suspected of fraud.
5. PRODUCT PRICING
The price of each product is given on the product information page (“the product page”) on the site.
The Regular Retail Price
- The Regular Retail Price (“RRP”) is the standard price that Shop123 charges for the product. The RRP is determined by considering the suppliers’ price, market conditions, and the prices being offered by other local retailers.
- When a product is not on sale, on special, or included in a discount promotion, the RRP is the price you will pay when you purchase the product (“purchase price”).
- Please note that RRPs can change over the course of several seasons over which the product may be sold. The RRPs applicable at the time the product is introduced may differ from the RRP at the time of your purchase.
The Discount Price
- When WeShop123 having a sale, or is running a discount centric promotion on specific products on the site the discount price, as well as the RRP, is shown on the product’s product page.
- When a discount price is shown on the product page, the discount price is the price you will pay when you add the product to your cart at the discounted price, and concludes the sale at the discounted price, i.e. the purchase price.
- Every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that the RRP and, if applicable, the Discount Price of all products on WeShop123 are correct at the time of your purchase. If, however, the product is offered at an erroneous price, WeShop123 will not be obliged to supply the said product at the incorrect price.
- WeShop123 will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct price.
6. DELIVERY FEES
- For orders of R700 or more, WeShop123 delivers free of charge within South Africa, via courier, to the post office or to you’re nearest pick up point.
- WeShop123 charges a non-refundable R99 fee to deliver any orders under R500 to addresses within main centres. A non-refundable R100 delivery fee is applied for deliveries outside of main centres.
- Post office deliveries are sent via Speed Services to the relevant post office based on the delivery address. You will receive an email from WeShop123 with the tracking number required in order to collect your parcel. The post office may send you a notification of the arrival of your parcel.
- Standard delivery is available for certain areas outside of main centres. Please check the delivery options in checkout once you have entered your address to see if you are eligible. WeShop123 does not deliver to PO Box addresses.
- Every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that the delivery costs displayed on the site are correct at the time of your purchase. However, if a delivery fee is incorrectly displayed, WeShop123 will not be obliged to deliver products at an incorrect delivery fee. WeShop123 will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct delivery fee.
7. MAKING A PAYMENT
You can pay on WeShop123 using your Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card or via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
Paying by credit card
- WeShop123 accepts payments made by Visa and MasterCard Credit Cards as well as chipped debit cards that have been activated for online purchases.
- When you place an order, the transaction details are presented to the bank for authorisation of the payment amount.
- If authorisation is not obtained, the order is cancelled. If authorisation is obtained, payment is usually immediate. You guarantee that you are fully authorised to use the credit card for payment of your order and that there are sufficient funds in this credit card account to cover the costs of any transactions you complete onWe Shop123.
Paying by EFT:
- When paying by EFT please note that you have 24 hours once your order has been placed to make the payment.
- When making your payment, please be sure to use your order number as the beneficiary reference. This will ensure that WeShop123 can process your order as quickly as possible.
- WeShop123 will start processing your order as soon as your bank forwards the payment to WeShop123. Depending on the bank, it can take up to 3 days from the time you make the payment (which has to be done a maximum of 24 hours after placing the order) to when it appears in our bank account.
- The delivery lead-time as specified on the site only starts once WeShop123 has received the payment from your bank.
- As buyer, you indicate where in South Africa you require delivery, as well as contact numbers to be used in connection with delivery.
- Your parcel will be delivered to the address you specify in the checkout process.
- In the case of Post office delivery, your order will be delivered to the post-office nearest to your address within the postal code you selected.
- In the case of pick up point delivery, your order will be delivered to your selected pick up point.
- On inputting your address during checkout, the site will indicate to you whether your postal code qualifies for Standard delivery, the nearest post office or to a pick up point.
- If nobody is present at the address at the time of delivery, our courier will on the second attempt of delivery leave a note (in the letterbox if a residential address) to indicate that there was an attempted delivery.
- The courier will try once more (third attempt), and if at that time there is still no one to sign for the parcel, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and a return will be processed for the goods. You will be contacted in order to confirm the refund method you would prefer.
- Should a delivery fee have been charged on the order, this will not be reimbursed, given that the courier has attempted delivery on numerous occasions.
- In the case of post office delivery, if the parcel is not collected within 30 days of it being delivered to the post office, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and a return will be processed for the goods. You will be contacted in order to confirm the refund method you would prefer.
- In the case of pick up point delivery, if the parcel is not collected within 8 calendar days of being delivered, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and a return will be processed for the goods. You will be contacted in order to confirm the refund method you would prefer.
- Unless we inform you otherwise, before you place your order and before the final confirmation, the estimated maximum delivery time for an order in South Africa – for Standard delivery is 3 working days.
- As outlined above, all WeShop123 standard deliveries take place during business hours, i.e. there are no deliveries over weekends or on public holidays. Please take this into consideration when selecting your delivery address.
- A delivery is considered complete as soon as the parcel is accepted and signed for either by the customer or by an individual on the customer’s behalf at the specified delivery address.
- In the case of post office or pick up point delivery, the delivery is considered complete when the parcel is successfully delivered by Speed Services to the post office associated with your delivery address, or to the applicable pick up point.
- It is your responsibility, as buyer, to ensure that you or the intended receiver of the gift (when applicable) inspect(s) the parcel on arrival and makes known any justifiable complaints. The receiver has the right to refuse the parcel if it appears to have been opened or if it has clearly been damaged.
- Such complaints and claims must be brought to the attention of Shop123 by calling our call centre at +27 10 745 7690
- In the event that a parcel is declared missing, should stock be available, a replacement order will be sent to the customer via the intended original delivery method.
- If stock is not available, the order (at Rand value paid) plus any relevant delivery fee will be refunded.
- Shop123 will contact the customer in both cases to advise possible delays and/or preferred refund method.
9. DEFECTIVE ITEMS, RETURNS AND REIMBURSEMENT
- If you are dissatisfied with your purchase due to a defect, incorrect product choice or other reason, you may return it to WeShop123 within 14 days of delivery, by the same delivery method, which the parcel was received . You can either receive a WeShop123 account credit or a refund, or have the product repaired or replaced, depending on the situation.
- In the case of a damaged or incorrect item having been delivered, WeShop123 will evaluate each case and issue a refund upon proof of the damaged/incorrect item.
10. SALES RECORDS
11. COMPETITIONS & PROMOTIONS
WeShop123 may release printed or digital discount coupons (“coupons”) from time to time. Such coupons may be available through the website and/or from third-party websites, in magazines and other media. Coupons can be used to secure a discount on the site as long as the coupon is valid. Given expiry dates cannot be moved.
- Promotional coupons are issued at WeShop123 discretion. Users don’t have the right to promotional coupons and can’t earn them.
- Promotional coupons are issued with specific terms and conditions that regulate how and when they can be used. For example, certain coupons may be product specific in that they are only valid against a selected group of products. Exclusions may also exist with certain coupons, e.g. not valid for accessories. The onus is on the shopper to check the full coupon T&Cs to ensure they understand the coupon’s applications and limitations.
- In general, unless otherwise specified on the coupon itself: a coupon is only valid for 30 days from date of issue. A coupon can only be used against a purchase on the site when the purchase meets the terms and conditions as specified on the coupon.
- Only one coupon can be used per shopping cart. Coupons are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The discount value of the coupon will be deducted from the total amount in your shopping cart. The remaining balance, if any, must be paid by you.
- Creation of multiple WeShop123 accounts, with different email addresses, in order to utilize a coupon on multiple occasions, is abuse of the benefit and WeShop123 reserves the right to not release these orders.
- Should you wish to return an item you have purchased using a coupon: a. If you have redeemed a coupon against a purchase, and you’d like to return all items purchased, WeShop123 will refund you or credit your account with the Rand value of the purchase. Please refer to the specific terms and conditions on the coupon for information on whether it will be reinstated and the terms that will apply. b. If you have used a coupon against a purchase and then return some of the products purchased, WeShop123 will apportion the value of the coupon across the relevant items in the cart and then refund you the relevant Rand amount based on the items being returned. c. If you have used a coupon against a purchase and then return some of the products purchased, WeShop123 will recalculate the total value of your purchase AFTER the returned product(s) has/have been deducted. If the recalculated purchase value no longer meets the terms and conditions associated with the coupon, Shop123 reserves the right to deduct the value of the coupon off the refund for the returns, or, should you have credit in your Shop123, to debit the value of the coupon off your account balance.
- Order value must exceed R700 after discount for free delivery.
Promotional coupons cannot: